Wednesday, March 30, 2011

JEAN FRANCOIS PODEVIN ON GREEN MATTERS

GLOBAL WARMING

For the finish, I use 3D software, my drawings and photographs, which I
composite in Photoshop, in multiple "progress files" with layers.
A lot of my work goes into the concept after discussing the assignment with an art director. I start on a blank page, and make very quick rough thumbnails of any ideas, because I want to be able to grab anything that comes out of the thinking process.
Just like a writer, you cannot let an idea pass you by.
These roughs are tiny quick aquarelles (watercolor) sketches, 
that contain the essence of the image, with a “tension” which I strive to retain in the final.

CORN AGRICULTURE 

This process is very versatile and allows me to make many comps, to create a "stage" a scene virtually like a movie set.


I discuss these thumbnails with the AD, and we "twist and turn"
according to the requirements of the job until we feel comfortable enough
to proceed to very tight comps. These can help the AD make a strong presentation and sell the idea.  However, if needed , I can to go back to square one.



Jean Francois Podevin's portfolio on Rappart.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment